Chai Latte Essential Oil Blend
- 6 parts Black Pepper Essential Oil (or Ginger Essential Oil)
- 6 parts Coriander Seed Essential Oil
- 10 parts Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- 6 parts Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- 6 parts Chinese Star Anise Essential Oil
- 25 parts Natural Vanilla Oil
The best thing about this blend is that it doubles as a flavor and fragrance blend! I was personally surprised at what ended up in this blend. Anise? In Chai?! No way! Black pepper. Can’t be. Too savory. Coriander? Ok, I guess. Before this project I thought of Chai containing Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, and Ginger. Alas, we do not have nutmeg or ginger essential oils. (Not yet anyway.) So I had to be creative. I was surprised at how similar this blend is to the local coffee shop’s Chai Lattes. I even went around town to test Chai Lattes then compare to my blend. Wow! It was like I had concentrated what was in my cup! For all of the spice and chai lovers, this is a must-try!
Originally shared on our blog on January 10th, 2011.