Guest Post: November Soap Challenge Club by Amy Warden at Great Cakes Soapworks
Exciting news! Majestic Mountain Sage is sponsoring another Soap Challenge Club this month!! The Soap Challenge Club is a place where soapmakers from all over the world can learn a new technique for cold-processed soap and compete for a significant prize each month. I am hosting and teaching the techniques, but various soap supply vendors are sponsoring the grand prize. So if you’d like a crack at a $100 gift certificate from The Sage, please read on… (2nd & 3rd place winners receive free registration to next month’s Challenge Club)!
The Challenge This Month:
I call it Squeeze Bottle Designs. You get to trace or draw a design on the bottom of a piece of freezer paper, then trace the design in soap using a squeeze bottle. I first saw this technique on the Sirona Springs blog by Ruth Esteves. Here are the two soaps I made using the technique that will be demonstrated in the video tutorial:
Requirements to participate:
1. Basic knowledge of cold-processed soapmaking
2. Register and pay a small fee of $5.95 to gain access to the private area where the technique will be laid out via instructional video and written instructions.
3. Create a soap using the technique of the month.
Requirements to be eligible to win prizes:
1. Document the making and final reveal of your soap with photos and/or video! Create a blog post (preferred!), video on YouTube, or post a photo on a Facebook business page or Pinterest album featuring your challenge soap entry.
2. Post the link to your challenge soap entry to the link-up between November 13-16! (Not sure what a link-up is? Check out this one from last month’s Challenge Club.
Deadlines (all will occur at 2:00pm CST):
November 4, 2013 – Registration to participate will CLOSE
November 13, 2013 – The private link-up will OPEN
November 16, 2013 – The link-up will CLOSE, and members-only voting will begin
November 20, 2013 – Voting will CLOSE, winners will be contacted!
Once registered, you will receive a username and password as well as the link to access the password-protected post containing the video and written instructions to create your Squeeze Bottle Design soap.