- 6 fluid ounces Water
- 3.1 ounces weight KOH (potassium hydroxide)
- 8 ounces weight Soybean Oil (liquid form, not hydrogenated)
- 4 ounces weight Coconut Oil
- 4 ounces weight Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Liquid Glycerin
- Fragrance Oil of choice (1 to 2 drams)
Date : 1997-11-01
Combine water and KOH. Set aside. Allow to cool. Combine oils and heat gently. When temperatures are near 150įF combine KOH solution and oils, stir until mixture doesn't have oil rising to the top anymore after being allowed to sit for 5 minutes. KOH traces differently than NaOH soaps. Mixing in a glass container makes separtation easier to see. If separation occurs, then mix vigorously. Allow to cure for one week.
When mixture has cured add 1/2 cup glycerin, fragrance oil and enough water to thin mixture to desired consistency. Mix well. Store shampoo in an airtight container as water will evaporate and cause mixture to thinken.