Guest Post: Soap Challenge Club by Amy Warden at Great Cakes Soapworks
Did you know that there is a new Soap Challenge Club where soapmakers from all over the world can learn a new technique for cold-processed soap and compete for a significant prize every month? I am hosting and teaching the technique each month, but various soap supply vendors are sponsoring the grand prize. Yes, you guessed it! Majestic Mountain Sage is this month’s sponsor, and they will be awarding a $100 gift certificate to the grand prize winner (2nd & 3rd place winners receive free registration to next month’s Challenge Club)!
The Challenge This Month:
Learn two versions of the mantra swirl: the original as well as an advanced/modified version.
Requirements to participate:
1. Basic knowledge of cold-processed soapmaking
2. Register and pay a small fee of $5.95 to gain access to the private area where the technique will be laid out via instructional video and written instructions.
3. Create a soap using the technique of the month.
Requirements to be eligible to win prizes:
1. Document the making and final reveal of your soap with photos and/or video! Create a blog post (preferred!), video on YouTube, or post a photo on a Facebook business page featuring your challenge soap entry.
2. Post the link to your challenge soap entry to the link-up while it is open! (Not sure what a link-up is? Check out this one.
Deadlines (all will occur at 2:00pm CST):
July 1, 2013 – Registration to participate will CLOSE
July 10, 2013 – The private link-up will OPEN
July 13, 2013 – The link-up will CLOSE, and members-only voting will begin
July 17, 2013 – Voting will CLOSE, winners will be contacted!
Once registered, you will receive a username and password as well as the link to access the password-protected post containing the video and written instructions to create mantra swirl soaps.
Feedback from members of last month’s challenge:
“It was FUN! Everyone was friendly, the challenge was, well … challenging, and we all learned, regardless of skill level.”
“The best part for me was finally taking the time to try a new technique, and doing it with a bunch of other soapers. Very cool!”
“I loved having the instructions and video…so helpful, and it gave me the confidence to try it. I also loved seeing all the entries.”
“Being part of the challenge gives me the incentive to push beyond my comfort zone to learn and practice new skills.”
“I thought everything was extremely well arranged. The how-to video was very well done, clear and easy to follow and the link up and voting were easy peasy! Well done!”