- 1 ounce weight Avocado Oil
- 4 ounces weight Coconut Oil
- 11 ounces weight Hydrogenated Soybean Oil (shortening)
- 3.1 ounces weight KOH (potassium hydroxide)
- 8 ounces water (and we all know that water is the same in ounces weight as it is in fluid ounces)
Mix as usual. Basic instructions can be found at https://www.thesage.com/calcs/LyeCalc.html
Allow the water and KOH to be mixed and then added to melted fats. Stir until trace (read use a handblender). Allow to sit for a few days until pH tests low.
Then slowly stir (read use a spoon) in extra water to create a liquid soap.
Notes & Comments:
Heidi Feldman (list member) uses a gelled water, created from soaking irish moss in water, when adding the water during phase 2. Also, scenting is done is phase 2, not in phase 1. The reason? It sticks!