- 6 fluid ounces Water
- 3.1 ounces weight KOH (potassium hydroxide)
- 8 ounces weight Soybean Oil (liquid form, not hydrogenated)
- 4 ounces weight Coconut Oil
- 4 ounces weight Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Liquid Glycerin
- Fragrance Oil of choice (1 to 2 drams)
Combine water and KOH. Set aside. Allow to cool. Combine oils and heat gently. When temperatures are near 150 F combine KOH solution and oils, stir until mixture doesn't have oil rising to the top anymore after being allowed to sit for 5 minutes. KOH traces differently than NaOH soaps. Mixing in a glass container makes separtation easier to see. If separation occurs, then mix vigorously. Allow to cure for one week.
When mixture has cured add 1/2 cup glycerin, fragrance oil and enough water to thin mixture to desired consistency. Mix well. Store shampoo in an airtight container as water will evaporate and cause mixture to thinken.