End of Year Help
The end of the year is fast approaching. A few tips from my accountant are as follows:
- Pay your expenses so you can take the write off. This includes buying supplies for which you are waiting for their arrival! Hint: Shop now and ask for delivery in the new year.
- Find all your receipts. You can’t take the write off if you don’t keep good records. If you hate to file get 12 folders just for your business. Label them for each month Jan – Feb – Mar, etc. Now file your business receipts in those folders. At the end of the year make sure all of the receipts are for your business (no menus allowed in there!) and get this data into your accounting software.
- Remember that your favorite vendor (US!) will be closed for the end of year. Our staff has been crunching to get your orders out the door in record time and we all need to be home with the kidlets to bake cookies and string popcorn for the tree. We love you all to pieces but we need to be moms for a tiny bit of the year.
A few tips from me:
- I know you are worried about gifts, check your supplies and make something simple. Lip Balm, bath bombs, the bases you have stashed in the corner are all great gifts. If you are swamped with too many things to do then create a gift card where your friends and family can order their special fragrance and a gift basket with cool things. Let them choose from basket A, B or C. Then make these baskets after the holidays when the parties are over. You would rather create than go shopping anyway.
- Don’t forget to eat well. You can’t run a horse without hay and your body is no exception. Oranges are my favorite in-season fruit. Find a few things that are snacky without being junk food.
- Our Gifts and Teas section isn’t just for silliness, use the teas and treat your family to the best end-of-day ritual you can give. Our tea time is really appreciated by everyone and we take advantage of the no-electronics-allowed rule.
Dates to remember:
- December 18, last day for phone orders at MMS. The phones will be closed at noon and we will begin our end-of-year chores.
- December 20, last day for orders to ship this year. Get your order in by 7AM Mountain Time and we will get all in-stock items out the door. Orders placed after this will ship in the new year.
- December 26, Boxing Day. Box up all the items you don’t need around the house and donate to charity. KEEP YOUR DONATION RECEIPT! This day gives you a cleaner house and a good tax deduction.
- January 2, 2018, We return to work to process all your orders that were submitted during our break. Free goodies will ship in every box!
Thank you for shopping with us. We appreciate the trust you have put in us and we strive to make you happy.