The Dog Days of Summer - Part 1
The dog days of summer are here, and we’ve been trying to stay cool despite the heat. Today, we’re going to share a few tips on how we stay cool.
Here are a few tips!
- Always take water with you to help prevent dehydration. Don’t forget water for children, pets, and even forgetful spouses!
- Test the pavement before going for a walk with your pets or letting the kids play on the pavement. Concrete and asphalt pavement can potentially get as hot as 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Yikes! Prevent burns by staying off hot pavement.
- Store a spray bottle with water in the refrigerator and spray yourself for a quick refresh after being outdoors.
- Store your favorite foot cream in the refrigerator and apply the chilled cream to your feet at the end of the day. Your feet will love the cold and refreshing treatment!
- Eat light meals with fruits and vegetables. Our crew loves this easy fruit punch recipe.
Do you have any tips for how you keep cool during these crazy, hot summer months? Leave me a comment and let me know. You might win a fun box of goodies!