Soap Therapy (without pictures)
I really like the Tropical Rose soap recipe, so I wanted to start from there. This is really just a variation on that recipe.
- 16 oz wt Coconut Oil
19 oz wt Palm Oil
25 oz wt Palm Kernel Oil
4 oz wt Mango Butter
9.5 oz wt Sodium Hydroxide
24 oz wt Spring Water
0.15 cc Purple Raspberry color
1 fl oz Soothing Chamomile Fragrance Oil
- Mix lye into water and let cool.
- Add colorant to 1 oz of water and set aside.
- Combine all oils and melt.
- Stir lye mixture into oils.
- Add colored water until desired color is reached.
- Stir until mixture reaches a light trace.
- Add fragrance oil.
- Pour soap into mold and let cure.
- Cut into bars and let air dry.
Notes & Comments:This recipe is repeated in \'Soap Therapy (with pictures)\' to show the entire process.
My temperature when I added the lye solution to the oils were 140 F for the oils and 130 F for the lye water.
After about 20 to 25 minutes in the mold the internal temperature of the soap was at 190 F.