Doggy Dozen for December 2016
Egads! It’s December and I’m thrilled to share the products for our December Doggy Dozen Program.
This list was inspired by the holiday season and the gift baskets I’m contemplating making. I’ve picked twelve items that will be great additions to any products you might wan to put into a gift basket. I’m excited to make products with ingredients that help the dogs and cats over at Four Paws! Here’s the list for you!
- I adore Cranberry Fiber as a soft exfoliant in scrubs, masks and even soaps. It provides a dusky pink color to your soaps and is a great natural colorant. I can’t wait to make a exfoliating face mask for my friends and host a holiday spa party!
Cocoa Butter, Deodorized
- If you are looking for a product that has color but not all of the fragrant odor of regular cocoa butter, then the Deodorized Cocoa Butter is for you! This can provide a warm hint of color when used as a large amount of your recipe, but it won’t make that lotion bar smell like the chocolatier’s shop when you wanted a herbed lemon scent instead. Since this is a natural product, you can expect variation in both color and aroma. If you are still concerned about wanting consistent results with no cocoa odor, try the White Odorless Cocoa Butter instead.
Baby Lip Balm Jars
- I love these Baby Lip Balm Jars for more than just lip balms! I also use these jars to keep beading supplies organized, small pairs of earrings together during travel and even as a travel toothpaste storage jar! I’ve also loved making lip balms in these jars as gifts for the little munchkins that are in my life.
Mediterranean Silk Fragrance Oil
- I have to admit, I love Mediterranean Silk because this fragrance just makes me feel calm. I’ve even made a fantastic blend with this fragrance that changes it to a complex and exotic perfume. This blend had Mediterranean Silk, Patchouly and Honey Harvest. I’m going to proudly pat myself on the head and say this is almost as good as Wicked. If you want to give this blend a try, you will need 4 parts of Mediterranean Silk, 1 part of Patchouly and 2 parts of Honey Harvest! Let me know what you think!
Mini Deodorant Tubes
- We brought these really cool tubes in by popular request and I have to admit that they have been flying off the shelves! We have customers who use these small tubes for lotion bars, salve sticks and even lip balms. I think I’ll fill one of these tubes with an unflavored Shea Lip Solutions to use it as a dry elbows stick for my silly dog.
Mona Lisa Fragrance Oil
- Mona Lisa came to our catalog during our search for a Dragon’s Blood fragrance. While our tests never quite worked out, we fell in love with Mona Lisa and had to add it to the catalog. Just like the famous portrait, this fragrance is elusive, secretive and filled with mystery. Musk dances with hints of lily, rose and vanilla. Try this fragrance and fall in love!
Paradise Fragrance Oil
- Break out the shorts and your favorite sarong before heading out to the beach! This fruity scent is a fantastic mango that will make you feel like you’ve just bitten into a fresh mango and have juice dripping down your chin. If you want to mix this fragrance up, try mixing 3 of parts Paradise and 1 part of Tangerine Essential Oil. You will want to start dancing!
Autumn Afternoon Fragrance Oil
- If you are looking for a great scent for the men in your life or to give your home a comforting aroma that doesn’t match the typical scents of the holiday season, look no further than Autumn Afternoon! This fragrance is a clean blend of herbs, falling leaves and clean fresh air. Create a room spray or salt potpourri and make your guests feel like they’ve stepped in to a high mountain retreat.
Pineapple Flavor Oil
- A few years ago, I had a chance to visit Hawaii and naturally made a stop a the Dole plantation on Oahu. I loved the tour around the plantation and was very surprised to discover that pineapples don’t grow on trees! During our tour, we got to taste some fabulous pineapple flavored items and this tropical fruit has since grown on me. Try this flavor and find an incredible taste that whisks you away to the tropics!
Root Beer Flavor Oil
- Root Beer is symbolic of my childhood. I remember class parties at school and root beer floats were a very popular treat for us. This flavor is not a root beer that has a sharp wintergreen note to it, but smooth notes caramel and vanilla. If you want to make a root beer float lip balm, try mixing 3 parts of Root Beer and 1 part of Buttercream together. You’ll have created an amazing Root Beer float without the calories!
- These adorable rectangular slider tins are just like those that you might remember from the 70s (if you rocked that decade). I love using this tin for lip balms. Who wouldn’t feel like they owned the world if they had one of these tins in their pocket? While I can’t guarantee this tin will grant you the powers to rule, I can guarantee that it won’t be the most common lip balm tin out there and you can really impress your friends with a peppermint lip balm for the holidays!
Apricot Kernel Oil
- When I’m asked to recommend oils for people who have nut allergies, Apricot Kernel is my go to oil. This trustworthy oil gains a new fan every day and should never be overlooked for a more “exotic” oil.
P.S. Supporting local programs like Four Paws is fun. Check your local yellow pages for a shelter or rescue group that needs your help. Find a furry friend to bring home or help support them with time, services or donations. Shelters and rescue groups truly value every little bit of support!